Dear Robothon® Community!
We, the Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) of the Technical University of Munich (TUM), in collaboration with Messe München
and automatica have launched successfully a new high-tech platform calledmunich_i in 2021, an event bringing together the world’s leading thought leaders and personalities from AI and robotics.
munich_i will take place again at the next automatica from June 21-24, 2022 in Munich, therefore
Robothon®, the international competition to develop skills in robot manipulations, will also go into the second round!!
Robothon® – The Grand Challenge Series focuses on pressing and unsolved challenges of our time and was 2021 held digitally in the run-up to the automatica sprint
with 9 international teams and a renowned Grand Challenge Jury. As a highlight, it ended with the Award Ceremony on June 22, 2021
with 4 winning teams, a total prize money of € 22,500, great recognition and an expansion of our community.
Are you a motivated robotics enthusiast looking for new challenges?
CALL FOR TEAMS is open until March 31, 2022!!
- Robothon® will once again will be held digitally from April 29 to June 1, 2022
- Special highlight: the Award Ceremony will take place on-site on June 21, 2022, during automatica at the Messe München!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Robothon® againwill focus on single-arm robot manipulation
- The Grand Challenge 2022: disassembly and sorting of e-waste
- The competition is free of charge
- Up to 20 selected teams can participate (2-4 members)
- All roboticists (academic and young professionals) are encouraged to apply
- Teams will need to provide their own robot to complete the challenge remotely
- Each team will receive an internet connected competition task board by mail
- The processing period of 1 month starts from receipt of the competition scorecard
- Team performances will be evaluated by the Grand Challenge Jury
- Prize money awaits the finalists!
HAVEN’T SIGNED UP YET? Apply as a team until March 31, 2022, and visit our website www.robothon-grand-challenge.com to learn more.
Know someone who should participate? Please help spread the word!
Feel free to email us with any questions at [email protected].
With kind regards,
The Robothon® Team
Barbara Schilling & Peter So (Technical Leader)