What is the Robothon®?
The Robothon® – Grand Challenge Series is an international competition in robot manipulation and one of the 4 areas of munich_i
– a new high-tech format of Messe München, automatica and the Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) of the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
At this year’s automatica sprint from 22-24 June 2021, munich_i celebrates its premiere as a hybrid version and brings together leading global thought leaders and personalities from AI and robotics.
Due to uncertain planning during the pandemic and travel restrictions, we have now decided to realize the Grand Challenge 2021 in a 100% digital version!
With this, we want to offer all international academics and young professionals the opportunity to participate in the Robothon®!
NEW DATE & BENEFITS: the Robothon® will take place digitally in the period from 14 May–17 June, 2021!
As a special highlight, the Award Ceremony will take place on 22 June at noon during the Hightech Summit at automatica sprint 2021!
We put our heads together and came up with a new, exciting concept for the digital realization.
– You and your team can work remotely
– Teams will need to supply their own robot for the competition
– Each team will receive a competition task board by mail to complete the challenge
– Teams will be given 1 month from receipt of the competition scorecard and task board to develop their solution
– Team performances will be evaluated based on a recorded video submission and a live presentation with the judges
via our digital platform at the end of the working period
– The winning teams will be honored digitally by the jury and sponsors at our Award Ceremony, that will take place at
noon during the Hightech Summit at automatica sprint
WHAT’s the SAME?
– The Robothon® – The Grand Challenge 2021 will focus on the single-arm robot manipulation showcasing
skills for the disassembly and sorting of electronic waste
– The digital concept will continue to be part of munich_i during automatica sprint
– The competition is open to the public and free of charge for selected teams
– Up to 20 teams can participate (2-5 members per team)
– All roboticists (academic and young professional) are encouraged to apply
– Final demonstrations will be evaluated by our Grand Challenge Jury of renowned international thought leaders
– Prizes up to 20,000 € have already collected!
HAVEN’T SIGNED UP YET? Find more information and apply as a team until 23:59 CEST 25 April 2021
or visit our website www.robothon-grand-challenge.comhttp://www.robothon-grand-challenge.com to learn more.
Dear Robothon® Community!
We have great news:
In response to the postponement of automatica 2020, automatica sprint will premiere in a hybrid format (in-person and online) at the Munich Convention Center from 22-24 June 2021.
This event is a contemporary response to the current pandemic situation hosted by the same organizers of the original automatica, Messe München.
The Robothon® itself will take place on-site at the premises of Messe München to ensure a fair competition and will conclude with an award ceremony on Thursday, 24 June 2021.
Be assured, appropriate hygiene measures will be taken and checked regularly!
On behalf of Messe München, automatica and MSRM/TUM, we would like to renew our invitation to you.
Robothon® – The Grand Challenge Series
This year’s event debuts the first competition of a series to occur every other year at automatica to benchmark and showcase robot performance using state-of-the-art platforms.
What: Robothon® – The Grand Challenge Series – Debut Competition in Robotic Manipulation:
a 3-day event showcasing robotic manipulation to disassemble and sort electronic waste.
Where: automatica sprint trade show at the Messe München Convention Center in Munich, Germany
When: Tuesday through Thursday 22-24 June 2021
Who: All roboticists (academic and professional) are encouraged to apply
Why: Fame, fun,recognition, networking opportunities and cash prizes await selected teams
– The competition is open to the public and free of charge for the selected teams
– Up to 20 teams can participate (3-5 members per team)
– Teams will have 3 days to develop a solution to the Grand Challenge 2021 using an event sponsored robot platform or teams can apply to bring their own robotic platform
(please find minimum requirements on our website here)
– Final demonstrations will be evaluated by our Grand Challenge Jury on Thursday at noon prior to the announcement of the winning teams.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
– Gather a team of three to five people and prepare your team application
– Indicate your preference our sponsored robot platforms you would like to use and why
– OR describe your own robot setup you would like to bring to the fair
– Submit your application until 23:59 CEST 30 March 2021 here
Find more information, apply as a team, platform provider or sponsor on our website at www.robothon-grand-challenge.com
We look forward to your application and are excited to have you join the Robothon® Grand Challenge family!
Selected teams will be announced and contacted mid of April 2021.
Know someone who should participate? Please help spread the word and forward this message to potential teams, sponsors, and platform providers
(e.g. students, robotic experts from academic or professional fields, and automation companies).