What is the Robothon®?
The Robothon® – Grand Challenge Series is an international competition in robot manipulation and one of the 4 areas of munich_i
– a new high-tech format of Messe München, automatica and the Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) of the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
At this year’s automatica sprint from 22-24 June 2021, munich_i celebrates its premiere as a hybrid version and brings together leading global thought leaders and personalities from AI and robotics.
Due to uncertain planning during the pandemic and travel restrictions, we have now decided to realize the Grand Challenge 2021 in a 100% digital version!
With this, we want to offer all international academics and young professionals the opportunity to participate in the Robothon®!
NEW DATE & BENEFITS: the Robothon® will take place digitally in the period from 14 May–17 June, 2021!
As a special highlight, the Award Ceremony will take place on 22 June at noon during the Hightech Summit at automatica sprint 2021!
We put our heads together and came up with a new, exciting concept for the digital realization.
– You and your team can work remotely
– Teams will need to supply their own robot for the competition
– Each team will receive a competition task board by mail to complete the challenge
– Teams will be given 1 month from receipt of the competition scorecard and task board to develop their solution
– Team performances will be evaluated based on a recorded video submission and a live presentation with the judges
via our digital platform at the end of the working period
– The winning teams will be honored digitally by the jury and sponsors at our Award Ceremony, that will take place at
noon during the Hightech Summit at automatica sprint
WHAT’s the SAME?
– The Robothon® – The Grand Challenge 2021 will focus on the single-arm robot manipulation showcasing
skills for the disassembly and sorting of electronic waste
– The digital concept will continue to be part of munich_i during automatica sprint
– The competition is open to the public and free of charge for selected teams
– Up to 20 teams can participate (2-5 members per team)
– All roboticists (academic and young professional) are encouraged to apply
– Final demonstrations will be evaluated by our Grand Challenge Jury of renowned international thought leaders
– Prizes up to 20,000 € have already collected!
HAVEN’T SIGNED UP YET? Find more information and apply as a team until 23:59 CEST 25 April 2021
or visit our website www.robothon-grand-challenge.comhttp://www.robothon-grand-challenge.com to learn more.